At the Office of Orthopaedic Medicine & Surgery, our onsite physical therapy center is equipped with state-of-the-art gym and exercise equipment, as well as cutting-edge rehabilitation tools.
Our qualified physical therapy professionals will work with you one-on-one to help you achieve maximum function and pain relief.
The physical therapy team at the Office of Orthopaedic Medicine & Surgery provides comprehensive treatment, education and recommendations, including:
- Neck and Back Treatment
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Work Injury Rehabilitation
- Ergonomic Analysis and Recommendations
- Return-to-Work Recommendations
- Balance and Proprioceptive Training
- Manual Therapy
- Functional Dry Needling
- Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilization
- Myofascial Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise, Including Strength, Flexibility and Endurance Training
- Posture Training
- Running and Gait Analysis
- Return-to-Running and Sports Recommendations
- Graston Technique
We understand that each patient has unique rehabilitation needs, and that’s why you will receive dedicated attention from the same physical therapist at each visit. Your therapist will develop an individualized treatment plan that may include biomechanical assessment, exercise, hands-on manual therapy techniques and therapeutic modalities.
Exceptional physical therapy services, in conjunction with comprehensive patient education and post-therapy support, help shorten your recovery time and ensure optimal outcomes following surgery or an injury. For every patient, our goal is to decrease pain, increase strength, and restore motion so that you can get back to work, sports, or whatever activities you enjoy.
At the Office of Orthopaedic Medicine & Surgery, our treatment philosophy is focused on patient-centered goals and education:
- We strive to serve our patients in an environment of superior customer service and highly skilled physical therapy care.
- We have a strong belief in patient education and an emphasis on active participation by the patient in setting goals to improve their quality of life.
- We believe the key to recovery is listening to each individual’s concerns, goals, limitations, and history to gather a complete understanding of all contributing factors to pain and dysfunction.
- We look at the body as a whole and analyze patterns, combined with underlying pathology, to develop a treatment plan to promote healing.
- We utilize hands-on manual therapy and emphasize therapeutic exercise as our primary treatment approach.
- We enjoy educating our patients on the mechanism of injury or pain and providing the tools to assist in preventing re-occurrence of their pain.
To help facilitate your recovery, we encourage you to download these brochures and do these stretching exercises at home.
Get on the road to recovery with physical therapy at the Office of Orthopaedic Medicine & Surgery. To schedule your physical therapy appointment at our Washington, DC office, call (202) 827-8317 or you may use our secure online appointment request form.
Tom Boeke, PTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Nathan Castine, PT, DPTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Susan Clark, OTR/L, CHTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Laforie Gaitan, PT, DPTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Sonya Gera, PT, DPTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Kenny McConnaughey, PT, DPTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery
Lynn Rubin, PTOrthopaedic Medicine & Surgery